Back in the mid-2000s, I was in my fifth standard, when a very unusual event occurred in my history class. Our history teacher was testing our knowledge by asking us questions from various chapters. When it came to my turn to answer the question, surprisingly my mind went back to a TV show I had watched, which fortunately had the answer to the question. Though I was able to give the correct answer, but when I was asked the name of the chapter, I could not recall it. “Interesting! You can remember television videos with perfect clarity while not so much with textual facts!” the teacher said. The above remark struck me as well; so, does that mean we tend to pay more attention to the information presented through a visual or graphic medium, than the factual texts?
The above thoughts and questions have stirred the minds of not just students, but also numerous scholars, teachers, speakers, presenters alike – looking for a more engaging method of communication, presentation and great content delivery.
The aforementioned thoughts and their subsequent implementation of the ideas gave birth to visual data presentation with a user-friendly display, known as infographics designing.
Owing to the visual approach of presenting information through graphics that are comprehensible to the human mind in a much efficient manner than before, infographics designing has become a groundbreaking process of a more informative, yet engaging form of communication, and has become a highly sought after means for presentation and mass communication purposes in every sector across the world; ranging from the world of academics to the domain of business industries.
Needless to say, infographics design services have nowadays become an indispensable component for successful exhibitions and presentations. This is why we present before you the ultimate tips and tricks to rise and shine in the field of infographics designing in 2021:
Make Sure The Graphic Display And The Content Mentioned Are On The Same Page
- To make sure the readers are clear about the message being delivered by the presentation, it needs to be made sure that they do not get confused by what the content is about, and what the images are referring to. Therefore, selecting the appropriate visual content which matches the information being conveyed in the presentation is very crucial to convey the objective of the content to its readers and viewers.
- Not only the pictures, the color palette, designs, the overall layout of the presentation has to be in accordance with the theme of the message being presented, because speaking from a viewer’s point of view, balanced color coordination and matching display is a make-it-or-break-it factor for an infographic design; when exhibited properly, the finalized presentation will not only be a big success to the readers but will also become a masterpiece worth remembering.
- Several designers also have regular discussions with their clients to make sure that the finalized theme, tone, finish and presentation created by infographics design services online matches the requirements of the expectations of the clients.
Sometimes The Old Ways Are The Best: The Format Of Storytelling
- Just like all work and no play makes us dull, similarly, a lot of imagery with very little detail to the content exhibition will make the presentation no different than that of a slideshow of pictures (we wouldn’t want that, would we?).
- As a result, a pre-planned format of displaying the content and determining the step-by-step flow on unraveling the overall information to the users is very crucial for a successful infographic design. And what better way to keep the readers engaged with your content than the classic storytelling format?
- No matter which industry or corporation the presentation is being customized for, every content or information has a story. Therefore, infographic design agency with pro designers always emphasizes on understanding how to present the content before the readers, how to gradually elaborate the importance of the subject of the presentation and how to wrap up with a nice finish – all three will be very helpful in shaping the perfect structure for the content exhibition, which is a key factor in crafting excellent presentations.
The More The Attention Given To SEO, The More The Presentation Will Be Noticeable
- It is one thing to be skilled in content writing or graphic designing, and it is completely different to hone the skills needed for successful infographics design services. Because it is not only about facts and figures, the main objective behind infographics is to highlight the theme or the content of the presentation to be designed.
- And no other form of designing or formatting can give as efficient results as given by an organized usage of target keywords i.e., Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Since infographic designs are often used to demonstrate content with great depth, it is important to keep mentioning the title of the content at specified intervals, to make sure that the center of attention of the readers does not deviate from the subject matter.
- Mentioning the keyword also ensures that the focus of the readers does not get sidetracked to the subtopics or broader points of discussion. Furthermore, the better the implementation of SEO, the more it moves to the top of the search list and becomes easier for readers to find their desired presentations. However, it is also important to keep an eye to prevent overuse of the keywords during the infographic design; else it may be discarded by the search engines as spam.
The Trailer Plays A Key Role In The Success Of A Movie: Same Goes For The Title Of The Presentation
- The famous proverb “morning shows the day” is applicable in the area of infographic designing as well. The first thing that the eyes of the readers will catch, is the title of the content presentation.
- Coming up with an appropriate title is a very important task in infographics designing as it needs to give the readers a clear idea about the content of the subject matter, also how the imagery and the factual contents are related to the title. In other words, the title of a presentation cannot be too long, but at the same time needs to be informative enough to make the readers understand a brief overview of the infographic design that they shall be viewing.
- Moreover, finalizing the title of the presentation also helps with graphic selection for the presentation; as once the title is finalized, it is easier to find images and design selections to make the graphic aspect relatable to the content. It is advisable to use simple grammar and vocabulary while writing the title, since, it is easier to understand, therefore, easier to remember.
Place The Designs On One Side, Place The Descriptions On The Other
- It has been observed in many instances that in an attempt to create the presentation more eye-catching, the infographic designers often miss paying attention to the balance and proportion between content and graphics. Make it too factual, and it will lose the visual factor; make it overloaded with imagery, it will no longer have enough space for the facts and associated information.
- Therefore, a balanced framework for infographic design, also known as two-column infographic design is the answer to the above problem of proportions. Thanks to infographics design services online, the designers now have a variety of templates of two-column designs of various aspect ratios to choose from.
- Having the images and graphic content being displayed in one column and the subject-related information being mentioned in another column, two column infographic design contains the best of both worlds. Also, with the images and the information being present in a side-by-side manner, it shall be easier for the readers to connect the visuals and facts and understand the presentation in a simpler manner.
- For the sake of variation, the sides of graphics and information can be swapped as well (for example, if the factual contents are mentioned in the left column in the beginning, it can be later shifted to the right column and the same applies to the visual content as well. This prevents the overall presentation from becoming monotonous).
From teaching mechanisms of an organism to students to demonstrating a complex sequence of facts and figures, regardless of the complexity of the topic to be demonstrated, it always sticks to one basic idea: no matter the subject of the presentation, information coupled with pictorial depiction is always better to view and easier to understand.
By remembering this fact and by following the aforementioned points, designing infographic presentations for different clients while satisfying their expectations becomes a piece of cake. Infographics design services were, are, and will always remain the game-changing methods of making content presentations reach unimaginable heights of popularity and global acknowledgement.
Not only it cements a solid partnership with the clients as their presentation partner for their upcoming projects, but it also solidifies your reputation as a prominent designer in the ever-increasing domain of infographics and presentations.